Lamb Shawarma in Homemade Pita & Cauliflower Fritters

This was Lamb Shawarma in homemade Pita bread.

The recipe for Shawarma was again from Jerusalem cooking book. We used non-bone lamb leg, which was quickly and beautifully roasted in the oven. The spices for the Shawarma was great as the last time. Even our friend who knows the real Shawarma taste approved the authenticity of the taste!

For appetizer, I made cauliflower fritters, following a recipe that I found somewhere online by key words "Arabic" and "snacks."
Well, they were alright, not special.

I also tried a different recipe for pita bread. I prepared the dough two days before and kept it rest in the refrigerator to develop the bread flavor.
They bloomed nicely and made a great pocket. The texture and flavor were wonderful too! I will stick to this new recipe from now on.

Popular Posts