Japan, Long Time No See!

Finally I visited my family in Japan this November after waiting for over three years. It was fall, time for chestnuts. My mother and I made a trip to countryside to have a special Mont Blanc, freshly made with local high-end chestnut "Tamba-Kuri" purée. I haven't had such a luxurious Mont Blanc before. It tasted fantastic. We also had a Tamba-Kuri parfait. Extremely delicious! 



While I was in Japan, I also enjoyed so many traditional Japanese sweets. My favorite Kurimaro


streamed sweet buns,


and Warabi-mochi were just a few examples.


Japanese Western-style fresh cake with fresh figs was excellent too. 


I had not only sweets but also Japanese savory delicacies like this beautiful lunch-box, 


Tororo-soba and more. Of course, my mother's home cooking, which I didn't take a photo, was the best! 

It was only 10 days but very helpful to recharge my batteries.

Popular Posts