Thanksgiving 2023


According to J's request, the main dish on Thanksgiving Day was classic turkey. I was lucky to find turkey breasts in the downtown of Wiesbaden after checking several places. If I couldn't find turkey, I was supposed to buy rack of lamb instead. Actually I didn't see rack of lamb anywhere. The back-up menu wouldn't work at all. I bought two turkey breasts, which were boneless and skinless. I baked them with fresh herbs (sage, thyme, parsley), garlic and butter in the oven. The result was very tender, moist and flavorful. J told me the turkey tasted like lobster. Yes, indeed! Perhaps, light tender meat + garlic butter = lobster? Anyway, it was an unexpected and fascinating experience. The side dishes were fresh salad, braised brussels sprouts and mashed sweet potato. The dessert was Engadiner Nusstorte (a traditional Swiss tart filled with a caramel and walnut filling) that I picked up at one of my local bakeries as an alternative with American pecan pie. 

I think everything turned out well. It was a very nice and happy Thanksgiving.

Popular Posts