Banana Pecan Cookies

These were Banana Pecan Cookies.

I had two dark (over-ripen) bananas. In such a case, making banana bread or muffins is my usual solution. But this time I broadened my horizon: cookies with fresh banana.

I guess it was only me who didn't know banana cookies exist. Many recipes are online. I wanted to make something simple and hopefully healthy. Combining some recipes and techniques, my Banana Pecan Cookies came out from the oven. Honestly they were much better than I thought.

Banana Pecan Cookies
MAKES about 25-30 x 1" diameter cookies

2 medium over-ripen banana
2 tbs butter
2 tbs Japanese cane sugar
1 egg yolk
a few drops vanilla extra
1 tsp rum
50 g cake flour
50 g whole wheat flour
a pinch baking powder
3 tbs finely chopped pecan, toasted and cooled

1. In a small sauce pan, smash banana, cook over medium heat, with frequently string, until banana becomes very thick paste; let it cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk butter and sugar until fluffy, add yolk and whisk well, add banana paste, vanilla, and rum, and whisk well.
3. In a different bowl, whisk cake flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, shift the dry mixture over the banana mixture. Add pecan. Mix with a rubber spatula without over-mixing. Divide the dough into two and wrap in plastic wrap, making two tube of 1" diameter. Rest in the freezer about 2 hours.
4. Cut the chilled dough in 1/4 inch thickness. Bake at 325F for 18 min. Cool on the rack.

Popular Posts