Chermoula eggplant with couscous & yogurt and Roasted butternut squash & red onion with tahini & za'atar

This was Chermoula eggplant with couscous & yogurt and Roasted butternut squash & red onion with tahini & za'atar.

The recipes were from my new cooking book called Jerusalem by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi. As the title says, the book is about Jerusalem food that I am excited to explore via the book.

I followed the recipes with adjusting the amount of salt, garlic, and hot chile pepper a little bit. Chermoula eggplant with couscous & yogurt was served with bulgur in the recipe. But whole wheat couscous was a great substitute. Also I didn't have preserved lemon peels; I added 1 table spoon dried lemon peels instead.

Both vegetable dishes were amazing! We loved the various yet harmonized flavors of the dishes that from several fresh and dried herbs & spices with a lovely touch of refreshing yogurt sauce and tahini sauce. I always like nuts and dried fruits in a savory dish. These were perfect examples of such dishes. Za'atar, which is said a key ingredient in the Palestinian diet, was my new spice mix. I can't wait to try the spice as well as other recipes from the book again.

Popular Posts