Classic British Coffee & Walnut Cake


When I asked J what kind of sweets he would like for the day, he said something flavored with coffee. That was an unexpected but fascinating choice. I had walnuts in hand and successfully delivered classic British Coffee and Walnut Cake!


I adopted a recipe by Nigella Lawson, an English food writer and adjusted the amount of each ingredients to two 7 inch pans instead of two 8 inch pans. I also halved sugar for cake and made just a quarter of the buttercream frosting with much less sugar. I didn't cover the top of the cake with the frosting. Less sugar is always ideal for us. 

The result was wonderful! The simply decorated cake looked stylish. The cake was wonderfully moist and flavorful. I was very happy that J liked it very much! If I opened a tearoom, the cake would be served regularly.

Popular Posts