Nasi Goreng

It was a long time ago I was in Bali. The one of over 17000 islands in the Indonesian archipelago was just a dreamworld surrounded by beautiful tropical flowers, the sound of Gamelan, and thousands of temples. No wonder why it was known as the “Island of the Gods."

I had Nasi goreng, Indonesian-style fried rice there. To be honest, I don't remember the taste, but I wanted to create something like it. This was my version. Glad J liked it very much!

Steamed rice (enough for two)
1 red pepper
1 carrot
3 dried shiitake
2 scallions

1 tbs rice vinegar
1/2 tbs fish sauce
1/2 tbs oyster sauce
1/2 tbs tomato paste
Pinch of sea salt
A lot of freshly ground black pepper

1 fried egg per each

1. Mix vinegar, fish sauce, oyster sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper in a cup
2. Stir-fry red pepper, carrot, shiitake, add rice, keep stir-frying until rice becomes a bit blown
3. Add the sauce mixture in the rice mixture, keep stir-frying for 1-2 min
4. Add scallions, keep stir-frying for 1 min.
5. Make a mountain of rice with a small bowl and top it with a fried egg.


Now I would love to back to Bali. Of course, with J this time.

Popular Posts