Veggie Pot Pie

This was Veggie pot pie. The inside was creamy hearty vegetable.

There was a bunch of celery I wanted to use soon. And I recently saw boxes of Le Creuset onion soup cups in the closet. I like the cups very much. They are cute. I however have used them only a few times a year.

Then, this dish came up in my mind with one concern - it might be a little bit hot for another hot Summer day. Well, I had not had any alternative, so I proceeded anyway.

No trouble at all. J enjoyed steamy veggie!

SERVES 2

1/4 onion chopped  
2 carrot chopped
2 celery chopped
1 potato diced
2 1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup frozen baby pea
1 tbs fresh chopped thyme
1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
1 tbs butter
1 1/2 tbs flour
1 cup milk
1 tbs Parmesan cheese
black pepper and salt
pie dough (I adapted a recipe from Cook's Illustrated's Foolproof Pie Dough for a Single-Crust)

1. Put onion, carrot, celery, potato, vegetable stock in a medium pan, bring to boil, simmer until vegetable become to soften about 30 min until
2. In a small pan, melt butter, stir in flour, cook until the mixture begins to golden, stir in milk, cook until smooth
3. Pour flour mixture, thyme, parsley, cheese into vegetable mixture, stir well, adjust taste with pepper and salt.
4. Spoon mixture in two oven-proof cups, lid with pie dough, make a small hole in the center of pie dough, bake at lower middle position, 400 F, about 25 min

Popular Posts