My BD Cakes - Surprise from the Marshmallowist


The wonderful fresh pasta dinner was followed by another surprise. J brought me a box of marshmallow teacakes with a candle! The luxury marshmallow teacake box presented four flavors: 1) pecan praline mallow, a sprinkle of maldon salt, a liquid caramel centre and a delicate coating of Belgian milk chocolate; 2) fresh raspberry, rose + lemon mallow with an oozing raspberry middle and a glossy hand painted chocolate finish; 3) zesty passionfruit + ginger mallow, a trickle of passionfruit curd and a slick of Belgian dark chocolate; and 4) champagne mallow fluff with a peach pâte de fruit, enrobed in creamy white chocolate and hand painted. They were delightful! I love chocolate as well as marshmallow. I am a big fan of Mallomers in the US. J knows me very well. Actually they were proper as a birthday cake as these chocolate-coated marshmallow/biscuit treats are called "tea cakes" in England. The box came from the Marshmallowist, a gourmet marshmallow maker in Leeds that I haven't heard before. J said he found by himself. He is always very good at surprising me. In a good way, of course! 

Popular Posts