My BD Dinner - Surprise from Pasta Evangelists


It was my birthday. J told me a dinner would be delivered home. I didn't expect his plan and I had no idea what would arrive here. A box was delivered in the afternoon. Ta-da! It was a fresh pasta meal kit that contained pasta, sauce and garnish for two kinds of dishes: Prawn & Prosecco Ravioli with Lemon Butter Sauce and Gnocchi with Beef Shin & Barolo Wine Ragù! Following the instruction that came with the kit, I boiled ravioli/gnocchi; meanwhile, heated their own special sauce, and combine them along with their own special garnish (samphire for raviolis and parmesan cheese for gnocchi). J's excellent "surf and turf" combo was wonderful! Both dishes were very tasty. I enjoyed them so much! The kit was from Pasta Evangelists that I haven't heard before. Apparently it's an online start-up, based in London, that sends customers artisan fresh pasta and sauces through their letterbox around the UK, specializing in "delivering varieties of handmade pasta from across Italy’s 20 regions, changing our menu of 10 seasonal dishes on a weekly basis." Since those two dishes were great and there are so many other dishes that look nice, we are talking about subscribing their pasta delivery service. It sounds like I would have a birthday celebration every week or every other week. Isn't it nice? Thank you J very much for the surprise dinner and discovering the delicious pasta supplier!

Popular Posts