Cannoli from a New Local Cafe


Recently I read about a new cafe acting as a Sicilian coffee shop and selling delicious cakes and cannoli in an online local news. I was so excited about having an opportunity to get Sicilian cannolis within this town and asked J to go to the cafe together. So we did. First, I was socked to see cream-filled cannoli sitting on the counter at room temperature. Traditional cannoli filling is made with fresh ricotta cheese, which should be refrigerated. The best scenario would be to have cannoli shells filled with the fresh cream when we order them at the cafe. Second, the theme of the cafe didn't look like Sicilian. I wondered if their cannoli were what I expected. Anyway, I would never know the answer unless I try some. J is a generous man. He bought each of all the flavors - vanilla, chocolate, pistachio and lemon - that the cafe offered on the day. Actually he got two of those with chocolate-dipped, caramelized shell (the filling was vanilla, I think). We came back home with the sample of cannoli and had all for tea time in the afternoon. Those cannoli weren't too bad actually, but the filling was too much sweet like sugar icing and the flavors were kinda unnatural. It wasn't clearly what I hoped... 

Popular Posts