Roasted Cauliflower and Macaroni Gratin

This was roasted cauliflower and macaroni gratin.

J's mother kindly shared fresh cauliflower and asparagus with us. What shall we do with them? I asked J which one sounded better: Chinese or Thai style stir-fried vegetable or cheesy vegetable gratin. He answered immediately. The latter.
I roasted cauliflower and asparagus in the oven. I thought the taste would be better than boiled. I added some macaroni pasta too. For cheesy part, I melted the leftover small block of cheddar cheese and Mexican cheese mix in simmered milk and tossed vegetable and pasta with the cheesy sauce. Baked in the oven until bubbling inside and browning the top. The cheesy veggie pasta gratin was comfy and of course cheesy as I imagine. Although ratio of the vegetable to pasta was 7:3, J liked it very much!

Popular Posts