Thanksgiving Dinner

This was a Thanksgiving dinner.

Since we just had J's parents' delicious smoked turkey not so long time ago, the main dish was ham. I found out my trusted online grocery Zingerman's sells Nueske's applewood smoked ham as their holiday ham at their physical (offline) store in Michigan. Luckily Nueske has their own online store. I placed an order and received this beautiful giant spiral sliced bone-in ham. It had a great sweet and smoked flavor.  
Side dishes were green bean casserole, which was J's request. I simply followed a recipe from Cook's Illustrated 2006 issue.

Also, J's parents kindly brought her special stuffing, which is always J's favorite, and candy yum topped with roasted marshmallows, which is always my favorite.
 

Before this dinner, we had a cheese platter: Cave aged intense Gruyere from Switzerland, Tome Basque Vache from France and Douceur Du Jura from France.
Each cheese was lovely milky but completely different from others. I liked all! Family gets together and eat eat eat. That's all what the day is about. That's one of things I have learned in the US.   

Popular Posts