Buon Apps in Otley, revisit


Recently we revisited an riverside Italian restaurant, Buon Apps in Otley for lunch. The place was as bright as I remember even though it was a dark, cloudy day. Actually it was also cloudy when we visited last time. Anyway, we are in England. Our table was next to window side, again.



We both had Pasta Fagioli as antipasti. It was very nice to start with something warm and smooth on a dark winter afternoon day, which was J's idea! The soup was pretty good. With two large pieces of warm focaccia bread, the antipasti have already made me satisfied. I hoped my risotto dish was light.


Yes! My Risotto Regina - creamy Acquerello risotto with queen scallops, langoustine, crustacean bisque, burrata mozzarella and topped with crispy leeks looked rich but was actually light. It was delicately flavored and the portion was perfect. I would order it again. J had Lobster Bauletti - pasta envelopes filled with lobster and crab, served with a sea bass ragu with cherry tomato basil, chillies, garlic and langoustine bisque. J liked his dish but pointed out that the portion was so small for the price!


By the way I sat on a chair that looked at the river downstream, which was the opposite direction from the last time. That somehow made me feel uncomfortable. It may sound strange. Does it happen only on me? If/when we have a table next to the river next time, please give me a seat that looked at the river upstream!

Popular Posts