Cheesy Turkey Casserole


Freezing foods to save them for later is not my culture. If there is any leftover, I would like to use them up as soon as possible. Christmas roasted turkey breast was my latest challenge. After we had another slice or two on the next day and made sandwiches as well, there were still a good amount of leftover. J asked me to change the shape of turkey completely and gave me a word "casserole." According to wiki, "A casserole is a large, deep pan used both in the oven and as a serving vessel. The word is also used for the food cooked and served in such a vessel, and, if so, the cookware itself is called a "casserole dish" or "casserole pan"." Based on this definition, I diced leftover turkey and baked them with other leftovers from pantry and refrigerator such as cheese, carrots, egg noodles and fresh herbs with homemade béchamel sauce. The result made J happy! I was also happy to see all turkey gone.

Popular Posts