Egg Breakfast @ Hoxton North


We were back to Hoxton North for another breakfast! This time J ordered "The Benedict." It was their version of Egg Benedict - toasted English muffin, honey roast ham, poached eggs and hollandaise. He also added avocado as a side. I had "The Florentine" - toasted English muffin, wilted spinach, field mushroom, poached eggs and hollandaise, a vegetarian friendly dish.


We both enjoyed ours. The hollandaise sauce was very tasty. J didn't love the honey roast ham, though. The ham's flavor was a bit plain for him. It's not only the cafe's ham but also ham in the UK generally. I think J prefers strong smoked-flavored cured meat in his Egg Benedict. Perhaps, he could order "The Royal" next time because he has been enjoying smoked salmon in the UK! I was happy with my Florentine although one of poached egg looked a bit overcooked.


My cappuccino with low-fat milk was nice. Lovely morning!

Popular Posts