Barcelona, Spain 5 - Caelum


It was in the early evening and almost time to go back to hotel to rest. However, I wanted to have something sweet. J kindly allowed me to take him to Caelum (“heaven” in Latin) one of sweet shops I was interested in in the Gothic Quarter. The cafe was small and crowded, but J managed to get a table soon enough. Their cake selection wasn't colorful like La Pastisseria Barcelona but more classic, baked cakes, which actually looked like my taste. I chose simple cherry cake. It was quite lovely.


I heard that there was ruins of a medieval bathhouse in the cafe's basement. I was interested in seeing it but didn't have a chance to go down to the basement. That's ok. I was satisfied with my cake along with a cup of camomile tea, and it was finally time for us to go back to the hotel.


To be continued...

Popular Posts