Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb Season


Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb is in season and baked goods with the bright pink color at bakeries in the town are calling me. This time we conducted a rhubarb tart tasting comparison: Berrys vs. Manna. Both were filled with frangipane and decorated with beautiful rhubarb. A clear difference was the shape: Manna's tart was round; Bettys' was rectangle. Actually there were more differences. Manna's frangipane was smoother than Manna's. Manna's had an almond extract flavor, which I didn't find with Bettys. Bettys crust was more delicate than Manna's. I preferred Bettys; J did Manna's. Ok, both were winners!


Actually I would like to vote for Bettys' white chocolate and rhubarb bombe. It was a new item just like a white chocolate and cherry bombe. So light and delicious! Before the rhubarb season ends, maybe I should create some kind of sweets with them. We'll see...

Popular Posts