Baked Salmon in Foil with Shimeji Mushrooms


I was surprised when I saw Shimeji mushrooms, my favorite mushroom on the vegetable list on a home-delivery grocery, Delifresh. Shimeji is very common in Japan, but I haven't seen in the US. I hadn't seen the particular kind of mushroom in the UK until that moment. Shimeji has a pleasant flavor while J said they smell strong. They keep their shape and texture after cooking. Moreover, they look so cute! 


I baked salmon in foil with Shimeji and Shiitake mushrooms along with carrots and scallions. I didn't need all of those mushrooms for the salmon, so I made Japanese-style savory rice with the rest of mushrooms.


Ah, I simply loved the dinner. The mushroom flavor was so familiar and made me feel to be in my mother's kitchen. I wish I can eat it everyday...

Popular Posts