Bean Chili


This bean chili contained two kinds of beans: Red Kidney and Butter Beans. The latter has a story. The canned butter beans were a special memento because J successfully purchased it at the first lockdown in the last year when many essential grocery items disappeared from stores! The can was huge like a bowling ball. I haven't seen such a size of bean can before. I guess J didn't know how big the can was when he bought it online. 


I didn't use the whole can of beans for the chili, of course. I used about one fifth and froze the rest for future projects. The butter beans were great in terms of shape, texture and taste. What a great purchase, J! I have already had a couple of recipes that call for butter beans. Those in freezer won't stay there for long. We'll see!
 

We had the bowl of the hearty veggie chili with a couple of slices of courgette (zucchini) and parmesan loaf from Manna Bakery. The bread was pretty good. Later I made cheese sandwiches made with the leftover bread and the leftover shredded cheddar from the chili's toppings and we liked them a lot.  

Popular Posts