Cilantro-Lime Salsa for Pan-seared Sea Bass & Roasted Cauliflower-Feta Fritters


There were three items in the refrigerator that were waiting for me to do something with: a big bunch of fresh cilantro; a whole, relatively small head of cauliflower; and about two third of a block of feta cheese. With cilantro, I made a salsa for fish. I had sea bass fillets in freezer. Mixed chopped cilantro with lime juice, garlic, and olive oil, seasoned with salt and black pepper. I could make it something Asian with fish oil or sesame oil or both while I kept the salsa simple this time. It was kinda like chimichurri sauce. I don't like sharpness of fresh garlic, so I roasted a clove of garlic to make the flavor sweet and mellow. No spicy chilis, no heat here. The salsa was refreshing and paired up with sea bass very well. 

Cauliflower and feta both got together and became a nice side. I partially adapted a recipe that I found online and played some adding/reducing/skipping things as usual. The result was wonderful. The flitters were light and flavorful, a very nice alternative to usual starchy side like rice, pasta, couscous, etc. J liked them very much. I hope that I remember what I did and can create them again.

Popular Posts