teapigs' Glühwein Tea

I was ordering some teas with teapigs before Christmas and found their limited edition: Glühwein Tea. It was supposed to be a tea that tastes like Glühwein, or mulled wine. I remember that J enjoyed mulled wine when he found one in a Christmas market, and thought that the tea would allow me to have a cup with him because it would be alcohol-free (also caffeine-free!). So, I bought a box. It arrived home before Christmas.



The ingredients were hibiscus, apple, clove buds, ginger, cardamom pods, orange peel, blueberry, chicory root roasted, cinnamon, citric acid, some natural flavors. Pour boiled water over one little "temple" and brew for 5 minutes. Warm-spiced hot drink was ready. It smelled just like mulled wine and tasted pretty good and satisfying. J approved the booze-free alternative. I don't see the tea on teapigs' web shop anymore, hoping it will come back to the next holiday season!

Popular Posts