Garlic Mushrooms, Beluga Lentils & Polenta


We like lentils. I have cooked brown, green, yellow and red lentils. When I saw the recipe for garlic mushrooms, beluga lentils and polenta came from a Waitrose Food magazine, I was curious about the little black lentils. The name comes from their resemblance to Beluga caviar, by the way. The recipe called for cooked beluga lentils. I bought a can of pre-cooked beluga lentils. Waitrose didn't have any dry version anyway. The dish itself was good but kinda plain. I seasoned the leftover up for the second day. I thought Beluga lentils were similar to French green lentils, or Du Puys in terms of texture. Maybe beluga tasted more earthy than green, but I cooked beluga with earthy mushrooms, so I am not sure about it. While nothing was wrong with beluga, I will probably stick to Du Puys because I can get dry version and control texture by cooking by myself.

Popular Posts