Easter Dinner 2021 - Classic Roast Rack of Lamb


In addition to delicious hot cross buns, we had a wonderful Easter dinner! The main was roast rack of lamb. We had rack of lamb for Christmas and that was pretty good. I adapted the same recipe and cooked lamb in the same way. Well, I thought so. I roasted lamb about 10 minutes over 180 C with fan, then, for additional 10 minutes over 150 C without fan. Then, I checked the internal temperature at the thickest part. My goal was around 135 F for medium-rare, which would come close to 140 F after resting for 15 minutes. Oh-oh, it was already beyond 160 C (medium). I reconfirmed that overcooking meat is my signature no matter how much I do carefully. I thought only FDA would approve the result but luckily so J did. The lamb was still buttery tender! It was also flavorful with garlic and fresh thyme and rosemary from our window garden. I was happy with how the lamb turned out. The sides were fondant potatoes and roasted asparagus. I cooked fondant potatoes once before, which was actually for Easter in 2018. While I didn't remember how to cook, I did remember how good it was. I found a recipe online and the result was wonderful.

To be continued...

Popular Posts