Easter Dinner 2021 - Bakewell Tart


Dessert was homemade bakewell tart. We have had several bakewell tarts from different bakeries such as thisthis and this, and I thought it was time to make my own. I mostly adapted a recipe from a traditional English baking book that was written by a Japanese researcher in English cuisine, especially baked treats. 

I made small changes on the recipe for shortcrust pastry to fit the dough to my 20 cm tart mold instead of a 18 cm pie plate. I might have added extra lemon zest in the almond cream, or frangipane. The result was pretty good and lemony although I am not sure how authentic it was. At least I can tell it was somehow different from what we have had so far. I hope we will have a chance to visit the town of Bakewell during our stay in England so that I can taste a real Bakewell tart as well as a real Bakewell pudding to judge my creation.


We had a nice walk on Easter weekend. J took a lovely photo of the ocean of little purple flowers. Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

Popular Posts