Yakiniku Don


When I have British beef diced braising steak, most likely I would make beef stew. However, I explored a different option and met a recipe of Yakiniku Don. Yakiniku, which means literally "grilled meat", is Japanese style BBQ, usually thin (but not paper-thin) cut beef, served with sweet and savory dipping sauce. Yakiniku Don is a rice bowl version of such grilled beef with sauce. The recipe I found online was simply pan-flying beef, seasoning it with homemade sauce and serving on rice. I added onions, carrots and broccoli to make me (and J, of course) feel better. The result was pretty good! The diced braising steak wasn't quite a type of cut for Yakiniku, but it worked alright. It was easy and quick to make the dish. Less beef stew, more Yakiniku Don in the future? Very possible.

Popular Posts