Hot Cross Buns 2021


Our Easter started with Hot Cross Buns! We bought two buns at Bakeri Baltzersen a day before. I toasted them for breakfast on Easter Sunday. One for me; one for J. It was tasty and I wanted more! One and a half per person would have been right. We should have bought three. Good news was the bakery was open on Easter Sunday. We took a walk to the bakery and came back home with four buns. Why not three? It was because if you get four, you get some discount, which we didn't know a day before. The more the merrier! 


Actually we have already had a hot cross bun in the early March. We bought Bettys' large hot cross bun from their online store before theirs were sold out. I didn't see any hot cross buns on their website in the middle of March already and I was glad we got one successfully!




Hot cross buns were just a sweet raisin bread with some orange zest/peels and warm spices such as cinnamon and cloves. However, somehow they are attractive to me and having them is my big entertainment for Easter. Happy Easter!

Popular Posts