Easter Dinner 2021 - Chicory, Tangerine & Dolcelatte Salad



Along with the sides (potato and asparagus), fresh refreshing leafy salad sounded proper for Easter dinner. So, I made chicory, tangerine and dolcelatte salad, too. The recipe came from the latest Waitrose Food magazine. It called for clementine. I thought I have ordered clementine at the previous online grocery shopping, but somehow a bag of tangerines was delivered. Tangerines worked fine anyway. Dolcelatte, an Italian mild creamy sweet blue cheese was new for us. I am not a big fan of blue cheese, but I liked dolcelatte on the salad. It was a nice change from feta that I usually buy for salad. The dressing was made with freshly squeezed tangerine, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil and a pinch of salt. The original recipe didn't include mustard, but I thought it would make the dressing a little more savory and complex and somewhat leaning towards J's taste. I hope I did right.

Was there desserts? Of course! To be continued...

Popular Posts