Aubergine Cashew Nut Butter Curry


This was my first homemade Thai-style red curry dish! Although I like curry dishes generally, I was't a big fan of Thai curry. I have tried both Thai-style red and yellow curries before but unfortunately either wasn't my taste. Since then, I usually order noodle dishes like Pad Thai whenever I have Thai dishes. Recently I saw a recipe of Aubergine Peanut Butter Curry on a Waitrose Food magazine. While it was Thai-style red curry, the photo of the dish looked very nice. I like a vegetarian dish. I like a rice dish. I LOVE eggplants. Plus, I had a can of coconut milk that has been waiting for me in the pantry for several months. My red curry experience was a very long time ago anyway. I decided to adapt the recipe, hoping it would be delicious. In short, it was! Actually, it was very tasty and much better than I expected. I used Thai Taste brand red curry paste according to the recipe. The product made the recipe very simple and easy. The recipe called for peanut butter, but I thought that peanut flavor may be too dominant. So I replaced it with creamy roasted cashew nut butter, which worked well. Surprisingly J liked the dish and told me that I could make it again. In fact I have already made it twice within a month!

Popular Posts