Mushroom Marsala Pasta Bake

This was mushroom marsala pasta bake.

I had been waiting for a chance to make this dish after I saw a picture and recipe of the dish on smitten kitchen. I like mushrooms. I have marsala. The dish is meat-free. There is cheese for J. It sounded perfect. For pasta, there wasn't many short pasta options available at our local grocery store. Among those, Cavatappi, a tubed corkscrew-shaped pasta was the most charming. I adapted the recipe with a few changes. I had only about 1 tea spoon of parsley although the recipe called for 3 table spoons. I sautéed onion and mushrooms with fresh rosemary from our garden. My mushroom pick was 4oz of shiitake and 8 oz of baby bella.
The dish was very mushroomy. J and I liked it very much. I enjoyed the texture of baked pasta. It was easy to make. I will surely repeat the dish in the near future.

Popular Posts