Pan-Seared Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

This was pan-seared flank steak with Chimichurri sauce.

I had a bunch of fresh parsley and cilantro that needed to be consumed very soon. That situation provided me a chance to make my first Chimichurri sauce. After I checked several recipes of the Argentinian style sauce online, I made up my version by mixing parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, sea salt and olive oil.
The garlic in the sauce was special one! I used fresh garlic that we bought at a farmers market in Fairfax, VA. It was our first fresh garlic bulb!
Talking about the steak, I adapted an interesting method by Cook's Illustrated - cut flank steak into four pieces, first bake them at low temperature, and then quickly pan-sear them for browning. In this way, you can cook the steak evenly without overcooking. Plus, because of using the oven and stove top, no hassle time and workload required outside charcoal or gas grilling. The steak was rightly cooked in medium-rare and greatly paired with the Chimichurri sauce that was very bright and refreshing. Everything turned out very well!

Popular Posts