My Smoked Fish Sandwich with French Bread

This was my version of smoked fish sandwich with French bread.

While we love J's smoked fish sandwich and his French bread, I made smoked fish salad by myself and baked our usual French bread with extra unfed sourdough starter by using our new bread machine. The bread looked fair.
I made my smoked fish salad with canned smoked fish, shallot, Cornichons, fresh thyme, some kinds of dried herbs, black pepper, Urfa pepper, smooth Dijon mustard, whole-grain Dijon mustard, and one more. J won't notice it was a little bit of Branston pickle!
According to J's request, there were fresh tomatoes, cucumber and Hevarti cheese.
The bread tasted fine, but was somewhat dry probably because it had passed a couple days since I baked the bread. On the other hand, J liked my fish salad. Our smoked fish sandwich competition ended in a tie so far?!

Popular Posts