Chocolate Rolled Cake with Dulce de Leche & Rummy Whipped Cream

This was Chocolate Rolled Cake with Dulce de Leche & Rummy Whipped Cream.

We were invited to a Mexican dinner at J's friend's place. So I wanted to bring a Mexican-themed dessert. I wanted to make Mexican Chocoflan, so-called Impossible Cake, but knew I won't have enough time to do so. Then, I came up with an idea of this cake - fluffy chocolate cake rolled with homemade Dulce de Leche and whipped cream with rum, sorry, not tequila. At least Dulce de Leche, I hoped, would become a bridge to Mexico. And maybe chocolate part, too although I didn't use Mexican chocolate but Belgian cocoa powder.

My original image of the cake was three layers of cake, Dulce de Leche, and rummy cream. However, Dulce de Leche managed a big escape. It had filled in the gaps between cake and whipped cream seen in the above photo once and then leaked out when I sliced the cake. Shocked!
Here is an evidence that Dulce de Leche was certainly sandwiched between cake and cream during the assembling work. With such an unexpected accident, fortunately the cake was lovely. Also I could find some traces of Dulce de Leche on my slice of the cake. I don't know if anyone else did, though.

Popular Posts