Christmas Dinner 2013

This was our Christmas dinner.

The main was pan-roasted duck breasts. I followed a recipe from "ad hoc at home" by Thomas Keller. Also the Chef Keller said butter-braised radishes, kohlrabi, and brussels sprouts are fantastic with the duck. I followed the suggestion too. For something starchy, I made mushroom and saffron risotto. I also made orange caramel sauce for duck too. Since the duck took more time than I thought, all the timing messed up which made risotto a little overcooked and butter-braised vegetables reheated. Well, everyone was very polite and there was no complains.

Before the dinner, we enjoyed J's mother's lovely spinach and artichoke dips. There were some cheeses too. Merry Christmas! Of course, there was a dessert. To be continued... 

Popular Posts