Cranberry Upside Down Cake

This was our Thanksgiving dessert - Cranberry Upside Down Cake.

I wanted to make a kind of dessert with fruit, festive, and that won't occupy the oven on the Thanksgiving day because we have ham and three side dishes that required to be heated in the oven to serve. This cake met all requirements. I adapted a recipe from Simply Recipes, a great food blog. I didn't have more than 2 inch deep 9 inch cake pan but 3 inch deep 8 inch pan. That worked perfectly! I reduced a lot of sugar. The result was obvious - sour cranberry layer.  
But I liked that way because I was planning to service the cake with a drop of sweetened whipped cream. The cream masked some sourness. Later we also tried a slice of the cake without whipped cream. Actually I thought the cake tasted much bright and complex without cream. I am a person who want to add whipped cream on everywhere, but for this cake, maybe not.

Popular Posts