Obelisk 2

This was J's mother's Birthday dinner at Obelisk, an Italian restaurant in Washington D.C.
 
Like the last time, long Grissini (bread sticks) welcomed us. And the medley of their famous Antipasti started with Burrata followed by more!

Somehow I must have been distracted. There were Arancini (fried rice balls) stuffed with mozzarella and mushrooms; sardines marinated with pine nuts, golden raisins and vinaigrette; and interesting shredded carrots, but I missed recording them...

This was Primo for J, J's mother and me - fresh spaghetti with clams. 
  
My Second -  Pompano with grilled radicchio
J's mother's Second - Lamb with anchovy paste
J's Second - Squab 
J's father's Second- Grouper

This time a cheese platter picture was missing... Three different kinds of cheese wedges with fig jam must have distracted me.... They were lovely indeed.

Now dessert time. We all picked lemon cake with yogurt ice cream.   
Happy Birthday to J's mother!

Popular Posts