Organic Ramen from Australia

This was organic ramen from Australia.

I found the noodle at Wegmans. The package said authentic Japanese wheat noodles and "Ramen" in Japanese. The company name, Hakubaku sounded Japanese, which I have never heard. According to the back of the package, it was made in Australia. I was confused. However, I was somehow curious about the noodles and if they tasted good and their texture was fine, it would be a great discovery for me! So I bought one package of the ramen noodles and one package of organic buckwheat noodles Soba from the same company.
I found out the ramen was acceptable. I liked the taste. It tasted very natural but a kind of "Ramen" taste, without chemical smell or artificial flavor. The texture was a little too tender, but it could be better if I cook them shorter next time. I also found out the noodle company was actually a Japanese company. Founded in 1941, the Hakubaku company discovered their destination where it can obtain good quality of organic wheat - Australia. They work with Australian farmers and produces noodles at their factory in Australia, initially for Japanese market but obviously now for international market, too. Yes, we Japanese love noodles! In addition to ramen and soba, the company sells Udon, Somen, and even Cha-Soba, or Japanese green tea flavored soba, and I saw all at Wegmans. Who could guess I can get Cha-Soba in a local grocery store in the US?! I will be a happy noodle shopper!

Popular Posts