Crusty Baked Cauliflower & Farro

This was crusty baked cauliflower and farro.

Farro is my relatively new favorite. So far, one-pan farro with tomatoes has been my go-to recipe, but I wanted to try a new farro recipe this time. Luckily I saw a recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, smitten kitchen. I love cauliflower. Sounded perfect. I almost followed the recipe. I have seen a debate among people who have tried the recipe about caper. Some didn't like; some didn't mind; some liked. With a deep thought, I decided to add just one tablespoon, which was half of what the recipe called for. Also I didn't have fresh sage. I used some fresh rosemary. Another change was using Parmigiano-Reggiano instead of pecorino romano. I usually have the former but rarely the latter. Actually I have been thinking of keeping pecorino, not parmesan because so many recipe I have seen these days call for pecorino. Is that a trend that people are fond of shaper-more salty taste?
Like the recipe did, I made ricotta pockets and covered them with more cauliflower/farro mixture.
Topped with a lot of Panko, the dish was beautifully baked.
It was pretty good! J liked it very much. I asked him what he thought about capers. Well, he didn't know capers were in. I guess just one tablespoon of capers was an exactly right portion to be nicely blended in the dish and maximize its deliciousness.

Popular Posts