Simmered Daikon & Pork with Miso

This was simmered Daikon and ground pork with Miso.

Dikon is a very common vegetable in Japan, especially, during winter when Daikon becomes sweeter. Sadly it's not common in the US, and I miss Daikon very much. So, when I found Daikon at a local Wegmans, I could't help but take one home with me. The Daikon was surprisingly smaller than those I have seen in Japan. I ended up with using the whole for one meal.
It was tough to pick only one recipe with Daikon, but managed it. I chose simmered Daikon and ground pork with Miso because it looked like a dish that not only I but also J could enjoy. I adapted a couple of recipes that I found online and made up mine. The result was really, really good. The Daikon tasted just like Daikon. Just one bowl was so small. I wished to have more! On the other hand, I was not sure if Daikon was J's friend, though...

Popular Posts