Cranberry Curd Tart


It looked so festive! That was a main reason why I made Cranberry Curd Tart recently. I adapted a recipe by Cook's Illustrated, well, only partially. Cranberry curd was new for me. First of all I'm not a big fan of "curd" things such as lemon curd. Usually they are too eggy for me. When I tried a recipe for lemon curd without yolks, in which cornstarch was a key ingredient, it turned out well. I like my non-egg lemon bars as well as less-yolk lime bars. While the recipe called three large egg yolks, I used only two based on my experience and preference. I increased the amount of cornstarch a little bit. I reduced sugar a lot both for curst and filling, and replaced a part of the limited sugar with Splenda. The result was... problematic. The crust, which was made of almond flour, was completely stuck to the tart pan and didn't come out. The curd filling was runny and tasted bitter. Because of the conditions, I couldn't cut the pie, place a slice on plate or take a photo. I told myself, remember no curd again! 

Popular Posts