Bettys' Large Hot Cross Bun


As I mentioned before, my little hope was to buy Bettys' large hot cross bun before Easter. I made it come true by myself. Around at 9AM on Good Friday, I dashed to Bettys to secure one. It was successfully done! The giant hot cross bun became breakfast on Easter-eve Saturday and Easter Sunday.


The bun was made with currants, sultanas, raisins and citrus peel and lightly spiced to boost holiday spirits. Because of its size, it provided more fluffy inside crumb part than what an usual small bun could. The crumb was heavenly moist and beautifully toasted.


The bun looked like Panettone, an Italian traditional sweet bread usually prepared for Christmas and New Year. Actually it tasted like Panettone. That doesn't matter. It was named hot cross bun, so it was a hot cross bun. I am now a big fan of giant hot cross buns!

Popular Posts