Autumn Treats from Bettys


It's time for Bettys autumn treats! Autumn Berry Cheesecake is a rich, creamy blackberry and blackcurrant cheesecake on a crunchy biscuit base. Pear Bourdaloue is a baby pear and almond frangipane slice. I have had both of them during the last year (or two years ago?) of this time. For me, pear is associated with fall, but berries seem like representing Summer. However, I recently learned that the best time to pick blackberries are August, September and early October, at least in the UK. So they are autumn fruits! That's why I have seen recipes that pair apple with blackberry. How about blackcurrants? Their picking time in the UK seems like the mid to late summer (July and August)... Well, forget about it and let's enjoy the lovely red color cheesecake! 


On our way to Bettys, I found miscanthus sinensis, also known as Chinese silver grass in our neighborhood. They are called Susuki in Japanese and one of seven autumn plans in Japan from ancient times. For me, Susuki is a sign of autumn, along with the seasonal treats from Bettys.

I can't wait to visit Japan, especially during autumn. Hopefully next year!

Popular Posts