Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta with Sage & Walnuts


When I saw the recipe of this bright autumn color dish on a recent New York Times Cooking newsletter, I immediately printed it out. The sauce was very simple. Roast butternut squash pieces with a couple of garlic cloves and puree them with chicken stock. It names "creamy" but there is no daily in the sauce. The topping was pan-fried fresh sage and walnuts, mixed with fresh lemon zest. My first pasta choice was Casarecce. However, Waitrose didn't have it on the delivery day and brought Fussili home instead. That was a tiny bit disappointing but Fussili wasn't so bad in this case after all. The result was wonderful! I loved it!!! On the other hand, I believe that it wasn't J's favorite. He managed to finish his plate up by loading freshly grated Parmesan until the orange color was completely covered with the cheese snow. I would love to repeat the dish very soon but most likely J would say nope.

Popular Posts