Beef Stroganoff, updated


I have made beef stroganoff several times and the result was fine each time. Yet I haven't reached the best recipe. I still don't know this latest one was the best but it was certainly pretty good! I have partially adapted a recipe by a Japanese chef. Instead of sour cream, which I usually don't have, the recipe called for heavy cream and lemon juice. I often have both! The recipe twisted sliced beef one by one to give meat extra texture. I skipped the process because it seemed unnecessary in the case of my Aberdeen Angus beef frying steaks. I like beef stroganoff. It's easy and quick to make. With a lot of onion and mushrooms, a small amount of beef would be enough for two. It could be lovely served with egg noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, or any kind of starchy. Most importantly J likes the dish. Win, win, win, win!

Popular Posts