Christmas Dinner 2021

We just happily celebrated our fourth Christmas at home in England! The main was rack of lamb again! One of the sides was Dijon-braised brussels sprouts, again. Beet and orange salad wasn't on the last year's menu although I think I made it or a similar dish sometime before. Well, I didn't trying to be totally lazy. There was something new - sausage and herb stuffing! J loves stuffing but I hadn't had a chance to make it for him until now. Bread was from Bettys. Sausages were Waitrose's cumberland sausages. A lot of fresh herbs - sage, rosemary, thyme and parsley. J approved the result! Woo-hoo! 


We didn't have any appetizer on the day. Actually we did have a nice cheese platter on Christmas Eve's lunch. J's favorite Epoisses, Wyfe of Bath (semi-hard cheese) and fresh soft goat cheese. Those cheese came from Cotswolds! That would be another story. The Epoisses was made by Gaugry, a cheese maker located in south Dijion. J thought it tasted different from one made by Berthaut that we visited in person in the village of Époisses of France. For me, the cheese was as strong as any Epoisses I have ever had. Wyfe of Bath was a nice, nutty cheese. Goat cheese had a kind of unique flavor that was difficult for me to describe. I enjoyed the fresh cheese paring with mild honey.


It was a very merry Christmas indeed!

Popular Posts