Landhaus Diedert


We had a lunch at Landhaus Diedert for my birthday celebration. It was our first visit to the hotel/restaurant that was located on the outskirts of Wiesbaden, in the neighborhood that we have't been around. According to Landhaus Diedert, the property already existed in the 13th century. I don't know if any original 13th century component remain in the current buildings, though. Designed like a French country house, the dining space in the restaurant looked rustic but polished. I liked the atmosphere. 


What I really liked there was their logo - a cute squirrel silhouette. I would like to take the wine glass home...
 

J had an apéritif. I tasted it a little bit. It was refreshing.
 

Two kinds of bread was served with French butter and a kind of Rillettes, which was pretty good.


My starter was Colorful Country House Winter Salad. I ordered it without crispy bacon. The currant balsamic vinaigrette had a good balance of sweet and sour. I liked it. The salad contained pears, grapes and nuts, too. I enjoyed the dish very much.


J had a soup called "Essence of vine tomatoes." Two small basil-tomato ravioli were swimming in a clear red soup that tasted like a tomato. Interesting!


We both tried Beef Stroganoff for a main dish. The beef was super tender and spätzle was well-made. The dish was very nice. 


We skipped desserts because we still had the special chocolate at that time. There was a nice outdoor space in front of the restaurant. When the tree leaves come back, it must look lovely.


We found cute crocus and a bumble bee on the grass. It was a pleasant dine-out experience. Thank you very much J! 

Popular Posts