My New Banana Bread


I happened to see a recipe for Banana Bread on the Internet. The photo with the recipe looked nice, which convinced me to bookmark the recipe and buy three bananas. Like any recipes for banana bread, the recipe called for very ripen bananas. My bananas were bright yellow but didn't have any brown dots, so-called "sugar spots." I placed the bananas on the kitchen counter for a few days. No sugar spots were seen yet. I put the bananas in a plastic bag and watched them every day. I started seeing a few dots four or five days later. I waited a few more days to make them nicely sweet and flavorful. Maybe the bananas weren't totally ripen yet but I thought I have waited enough. 

The result was pretty good. It was easy to make. A patient to ripe bananas was the most difficult ingredient for me to prepare.

Popular Posts