Cataplana of Seafood in Our own Cataplana Pan

This was Cataplana of Seafood in our own Cataplana Pan.

J gave me this special pan on my birthday. Now we can cook Cataplana of Seafood by ourselves. And we did! I followed a recipe that our friends who introduced Cataplana to us kindly shared with me. For seafood, we picked littleneck clams, lobster, calamari, jumbo shrimps, perch fillet and halibut fillet.
And potato! I liked potato simmered in this flavorful seafood stew. For the first time, I didn't see steam coming out after the time that the recipe suggested, so I opened the pan to check the cooking status, adjusted the heat level and cooked a little longer.
The wok ring that I just bought was helpful to secure the round pan and control the distance between burner and the pan.
 The stew was so delicious. All seafood was cooked nicely. We can't wait for the next opportunity to use the pan.

Popular Posts