Meyer Lemon Pudding

This was Meyer Lemon Pudding.

The newest Cook's Illustrated magazine has introduced a recipe of lemon pudding. J likes lemony sweets. And J's birthday was coming. On the other hand, I found a bag of Meyer lemon at Wegmans. Then I knew what I would like to do.

It was the first time for me to buy Meyer lemon, a hybrid of lemon and mandarin orange. The bright yellow citrus had a unique fragrance, just exactly a mix of lemon and mandarin.
I followed the recipe, just replaced lemon with Meyer lemon. But it took much longer time to reach 172 degrees at center than 50-55 minutes that the recipe said. 
I dusted the top with confectioners' sugar and added a tiny mint leaf. I also made blueberry compote which recipe also was on the Cook's.
And a little candle for J! The pudding was delightful - airy cake on the top; silky Meyer-lemony pudding on the bottom. We LOVED the dessert very much. Happy Birthday J!

Popular Posts