Porcini Fettuccine with King Oyster Mushroom & Clam

This was Porcini Fettuccine with King Oyster Mushroom and Clam.

One of my Christmas gifts from J was Porcini Fettuccine that we found at Dean & Delca. With the special pasta, we made a special pasta dish - white wine sauce with king oyster mushroom and clam.
King oyster mushrooms were so cute. The mild sweet taste was just right for this dish.
I used two cans of clam from Maine. I didn't read the can, so I didn't know I grabbed the cans with chopped clams, not beautiful big pieces of whole clams. In fact, the chopped clams were fine. The pasta was nicely tangled with the chopped clams and absorbed the clam juice. The chunks of the king oyster provided the meaty texture.
The special pasta had earthy flavor and smooth texture. Delicious! According to J's request, the side was butter lima beans. With some freshly grounded black pepper on the pasta was all we needed just before serving. The dish was truly special.

Popular Posts